Non-state and contemporary?
Necessary, or useless?
A debate with founders, directors, managers and curators from non-state contemporary art galleries and exhibition spaces.
- Tuesday Nov 26 / 18:00, Palác U Stýblů
A debate with founders, directors, managers and curators from non-state contemporary art galleries and exhibition spaces, moderated by Vít Havránek and Jan Zálešák.
The participants in the debate will introduce the audience to their institution, including its mission and vision and how it has changed over the past five years. We will try to formulate the basic issues, problems and different approaches to programming and management found in non-state contemporary art galleries and exhibitions spaces. With a view towards the next three years, we will try to enumerate the differences among the various institutions while seeking out the shared topics, motivations and interests that bring these non-state organizations together. The discussion will also look at ways of improving the activities of grant commissions at the Ministry of Culture, the City of Prague and elsewhere.
- Michal Novotný (Galerie Futura)
- Tereza Severová (Entrance Galerie)
- Markéta Vinglerová, Radim Langer, Jiří Skála (etc.galerie)
- Gabriela Kotíková (Galerie Jelení)
- Jiří Ptáček (Galerie Fotograf)
- Miloš Vojtěchovský a Dana Recmanová (Galerie Školská)
- Jan Pfeiffer a Tomáš Vaněk (Galerie Pavilon)
- Zuzana Jakalová (Prádelna Bohnice, MeetFactory)
- Klára Stolková (studios das weisse haus)
- and others…